Thursday, March 21, 2013

God Speaks: Real Stories of God's Guiding Hands in Real People's Lives: Guardian Angel Saved Me

The book "Treasuring Grace" was inspired by a dream in which co -author Tracy Roberts feels that God spoke to her and directed her hand in the writing of the story. Many people feel God's special influence in their lives in direct or indirect ways.  This column seeks to bring you some of their inspirational stories.

 (from dailymail.co.uk)

It happened to me: My guardian angel saved my life

By Richard Webber



Eleven years ago, Donna Ferguson was close to death. Hours after giving birth to her fourth child, Jessica, she began haemorrhaging and fell unconscious.
Her condition deteriorated rapidly until, suddenly, a voice urged her to summon help. Donna believes her guardian angel saved her life that night.
Now 40, Donna lives with her partner, Gary, and five children, Natasha, 23, Adam, 21, Rebecca, 15, Jessica, 11, and Kalen, five, in Craigavon, Northern Ireland.
Jessica was born at 3pm on 15 June 1998 in a hospital in Lisburn, County Antrim. It had been a normal pregnancy with no complications, but after the birth I started feeling extremely tired and dizzy.
Like all women who have just given birth, I was losing blood, although, in hindsight, I realise that it was more than I'd lost with my previous children. Although, I didn't worry unduly, what I didn't realise was that I was haemorrhaging.
That evening, my partner, Gary, and friend, Shirley, came to visit me in hospital. As I sat on the bed, unable to move because I was so tired, I started to feel as though I was going to pass out.
Donna Ferguson
'I was haemorrhaging in my sleep. A voice kept telling me to wake up and alert the nurses. The doctor said if I'd lost any more blood, I wouldn't have survived'
Shirley got a nurse to examine me, and she thought I looked peaky. Because I was so tired, she took Jessica to the nursery so that I could get a good night's sleep before the doctor saw me the following day during his rounds.
By the time Gary and Shirley left, I could barely stay awake. I drifted into a deep sleep until around 2am, when I began hearing a voice.
'Wake up, wake up!' it kept saying, softly. I didn't want to and tried desperately to ignore it, telling myself, 'I can't wake up, I'm so tired. I need to sleep.'
But the voice – which remained at the same pitch and tone – was persistent, determined to shake me out of unconsciousness. It never got angry, remaining calm as it repeatedly told me to wake up.
This time, though, it also told me to press the alarm. I didn't even know there was an alarm. Still I couldn't open my eyes, but managed to find enough strength to lift my arm. Feeling a wire hanging next to me, I pressed the button. Fortunately, it was the alarm, which alerted the nurses.
Next thing I remember was the light being switched on as a nurse rushed into my room. I was lying in a pool of blood and soon there were three nurses and a doctor crowded around my bed. There was a commotion as they tried desperately
to keep me awake. I remember telling one of the nurses that I'd been woken by someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pro LIfe and Healing after Abortion Blog Hop: Join Us

Blog Hop Directory