Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Truth Will Set You Free: A Lenten Prayer

When I saw the precious feet for the first time I knew I needed to do something.  Those tiny little feet the size and shape of a baby in utero at ten weeks amazed me.  "This is the truth", I thought.

How could I not have known this and how many others are unaware of this I wondered.  I began wearing the precious feet with hope that I'd be asked about them.  Not everyone liked my response.  I would simply answer with the truth, "These feet are the size of a baby in utero at ten weeks".

The truth is not always easy to accept, but as Jesus states in John 8:32, "The truth shall set you free".  It is when deception is revealed and truth proclaimed that light will shine into the dark.

           A Lenten Prayer

"Help us to embrace the world you have given us, that we may transform the darkness of its pain into the life and joy of Easter.  Grant this through Christ our Lord."  Amen

May this be our prayer throughout the year, Happy Easter!

Believe,
Tracy

image: flickr:  License
Attribution Some rights reserved by christine [cbszeto]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pro LIfe and Healing after Abortion Blog Hop: Join Us

Blog Hop Directory