Thursday, January 24, 2013

God Speaks: Real Stories of God's Guiding Hands in Real People's Lives: Iraqi Soldier's Dream

The book "Treasuring Grace" was inspired by a dream in which co -author Tracy Roberts feels that God spoke to her and directed her hand in the writing of the story. Many people feel God's special influence in their lives in direct or indirect ways.  This column seeks to bring you some of their inspirational stories.

The following is a story reprinted from ArabicNoor.com



The Dream
I can never forget the years when I was fighting against Iran. I was an Iraqi soldier and all those years were a dark time in my life. Everywhere I walked there were bodies and body parts. The blood of the war victims covered my clothes.
One day I decided to escape from Iraq. Carrying a small bag, I walked many days through the desert and mountains with help from Kurdish people living in the area. I arrived in Turkey and from there I applied to enter Canada as a refugee. When my papers were completed I came to Canada.

I was in a very bad shape emotionally and physically. The culture, lifestyle, language and environment in Canada were totally different from my home country. I couldn’t adjust quickly to this new culture. I felt lonely. My spirit was down – with no hope, and no family or friends. I was surrounded by strangers and didn’t know what to do. The only way to survive was my Holy Book. I spent hours reading and praying.

One day I met an Iraqi person and we became friends. Then he told me that he was a follower of Jesus Christ. I left and didn’t want to hear from him again. He told me that he was trying to help me get out of my miserable life.
My friend offered me a Jesus Film and a Bible. I was very hesitant to accept his gift, but something inside me encouraged me to take them. I watched the film and was very excited. I started reading the Bible. I read about the miracle when Jesus rebuked the wind and calmed the raging of the water. My life was exactly like that and I needed the same miracle.

I was very confused. If the Bible was true, then Jesus must be more than a prophet. I asked my friend many questions. One day in the middle of my confusion and very tired I asked God, “Please show me the right way.”
That night I fell sleep and had a dream. An angel came to me and asked, “Do you want to know the right way?” He showed me my religion’s way, and he showed me Jesus’ way. Then he told me that the right way was to follow Him and in order to be saved. I woke up very happy, and joy filled my heart for the first time in my life.

After I received my Canadian passport, I went to a Bible school to become an evangelist.

Read more at :  http://www.arabicnoor.com/en/life_stories.html


image: 
License
AttributionNoncommercialNo Derivative Works Some rights reserved by Carutapera | PixelAlibi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pro LIfe and Healing after Abortion Blog Hop: Join Us

Blog Hop Directory